Sunday, November 25, 2012

12.1- Corroborate

Vocab Word: Corroborate

Where I found it: I found this word while reading a book by John Dewey. Additionally, during a conversation a couple weeks ago, someone I work with used the word corroborate in an incorrect way.

Dewey, J. (1909). How we think. New York City: D.C. Heath & Co.

Definition: I again used Merriam Webster's website to define the word: to support with evidence or authority : make more certain

Link to definition.

Familiarity: I heard this word before in a legal context. I was sure that my friend misused the word when they spoke it, but I couldn't think of the actual definition.

Reflective Commentary: Based on the definition, with the push of the CCSS and demand for students to support what they think with text-based evidence, we, as teachers, should certainly be aware of this word and it meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment