Sunday, November 25, 2012

11.2- Salience

Vocab Word: Salience

Where I found it: I found this word in the Damico & Baildon article on Relational Cosmopolitanism, page 233- "Explicit in much of this history is the salience of inquiry-based teaching and learning..."

Damico, J., & Baildon, M. (2011). Content literacy for the 21st century: excavation, elevation, and relational cosmopolitanism in the classroom. journal of adolescent & adult literacy, 55(3), 232-243.

Definition: Merriam Webster online dictionary defines salience as "a striking point or feature." Here is the link to definition.

Familiarity: I was not familiar with this word at all. Even in the context of the text, I was wrong. I thought that the word meant "clarity" or something along those lines.

Reflective Commentary: I do not think that this word is particularly important to know. Obviously having a wide-ranged word knowledge is important, but salience does not have any significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment